Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Martin Luther King Weekend

17/365: Saturday Morning was COLD - the pond had significant ice. Sky tried to skate in the sandbox with her barefeet. I reminded her that since it was only 28 degrees she should consider wearing a coat and shoes. (1/17/09)




















18/365: Clif is reading "Little House in the Big Woods" to Sky. I distinctly rememember my mom reading this to me when I was 7. I can recall several of the stories - but that may be because I re-read it so many times. I think both Sky and Clif are enjoying their first journey through this classic. (1/18/09)

















19 /365: Parker, Sky and I went to the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher for Martin Luther King Day. We didn't realize it was also "free" day at the aquarium. Luckily the crowds were not too bad. Sky is looking at the octopus. I had a better picture of the octopus, but liked how this picture captured both of them. (1/19/09)













20/365
: INAUGURATION/SNOW Day: Nautica enjoys a rare moment in the snow. Zen was actually somewhat disturbed by the stuff falling from above. The kids were ecstatic, but didn't like it once their hands were soaked etc... We only got a dusting, but it was really pretty coming down. There hasn't been significant (and by significant I mean a dusting) in about 5 years here in Wilmington. Can you believe they cancelled school for this? For a while I was thinking we'd wind up with just rain. Since I'd considered taking Parker out of school to watch the Inauguration anyway, but it worked out well since the kids got to play in the "snow" and watch the Inauguration too! I had to include the picture of the weather from my iPhone as the snow on the forecast is such a rare sight! (1/20/09)


Posted by Picasa

No comments: